Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Things I learned in ACC 255

This is just a list of 15 things I learned while in ACC 255. Some of them may be self-explanatory for those of you that are actively involved on the blog scene. However, for me this was all new concepts since I've always been more of a lurker (i.e. anonymous reader) on the internet and rarely if ever commented or shared my opinion on anything. Anyways, lets get started.

1. I learned what a blog is.
     I know now that a blog is way more than just someone posting their opinion about something. It   involves a lot more work than one might think to get a blog up and running.

2. I learned how to create a contact form.
    This is a way to keep from getting your email address harvested by spammers and a way to make it easy for readers to contact you.
   
3. I learned what a USP is for and why it is used.

4. I learned how to create my own webpages.

5. I learned how to post on a blog.

6. I learned how to open a Google Analytics account.

7. I learned how to open a Chitika advertising account.

8. I learned how to place advertising banners within a webpage.

9. I learned how to place a hit counter on a webpage.

10. I learned how to create an eBusiness plan.

11. I learned the components required to create an effective marketing/landing page for a simple product- like a water bottle.

12. I learned how to create ezine articles and how to submit them to an ezine article database.

13. I learned how to set up a marketing affiliation with a company like Clickbank.

14. I learned how to craete my own products to sell through this blog through companies like Cafepress.

15. Above all I learned how to operate my own blog, how to monetize it, and, overall, that I do have some knowledge and expertise on a subject that people may want to read about. Even if it is about studying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment