Friday, February 27, 2015

Getting Around

Hello everyone.

I know this is probably a bit early for me to do, but now that I have posted a number of articles I figured this might as well be a good time to do it. Now, I’ve never been one to toot my own horn, so to speak, but I figured promoting something I am particularly proud can’t hurt; I promise I won’t do this too often. Anyways, I want to take this opportunity to draw your attention to an article I recently posted on this blog- How to Get Around Seoul.

As a fresh, wide-eyed arrival in Seoul, I know for a fact that I was personally overwhelmed and had absolutely no idea how to get around the city when I first arrive there. I remember for the first two weeks of my stay, I rarely left my university area due to the fact that I had absolutely no idea how to use the various transportation options available to me and just using trying to decipher them made me go cross eyed. Of course, after much trial and error, and some frustrating experiences I became a natural at using the Seoul Metro, but I sure wish someone had explained it to me beforehand. As a result of that experience, I decided to create the article in order to save you that difficulty.

 How to Get Around Seoul gives an overview of the most important stuff you need to know about getting around. It gives a step by step process to follow, ranging from getting a T-Money card, choosing among the transportation options and their positives, to finally leaving for your destination. While I did not give exact step by step directions on areas like how exactly to take a taxi, I chose to present these steps in a manner that I believe will be easy to apply to all situations that require needing to know how to get somewhere. After all, I’m sure each and every one of you will have different destinations in mind and vastly different experiences while taking the metro or taxi. I only hope that what I wrote is as useful to you as I know it would have been to me.


Be sure to read How to Get Around Seoul, and as always, feel free to contact me regarding questions and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment